Sunday, December 28, 2008

Susan G. Komen 3-Day

My sister walked in the Breast Cancer 3-day walk. She and about 1500 other participants walked altogether 60 miles over those three days while raising money for research. I am so proud of all the training and commitment my sister made to this cause. It was also a beautiful thing to see so many women (and even a few men!) coming together in an effort to find a cure for a killer that has touched so many of our lives. Abbey, my mom and I went out and cheered all three days for my sis - I know the going got tough at times but SHE DID IT!
Just keep walking, just keep walking....


Abbey fell asleep but she was cheering on the inside... really...


My sister walked for my great aunt Sylvia Babb and our good family friend Karen Steffend-Chopp - both passed away this past year.


Part of Stephie's team - Jessica and Leah. The other two members of the team had already called it a day and got swept - quitters....


Great job Stephanie!!! We are SO proud of you!